We are looking for an experienced Ukulele workshop facilitator to provide cover on various dates between 3rd July and 15th August 2019. Applicants must be able to maintain high energy levels throughout a fairly intensive period of workshop delivery at multiple locations throughout the country.
We have been running creative workshops for 12 years, with 2019 being the 5th year of Ukulélé workshops being included in our offering. Applicants should also be comfortable with delivering workshops to groups of up to 30 people. Equipment is provided.
This contract would be ideal for a school teacher, post-grad student or anyone looking for a unique and challenging experience that supplements their normal income.
TITLE OF POSITION: Freelance Ukulele workshop facilitator (summer contract)
LOCATION: Facilitators will be expected to travel to multiple locations around the country but will ideally be based along the M4 corridor.
Where workshops are far from a facilitator’s home, overnight accommodation will be provided. It is essential that all applicants have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for the duration of the contract.
REPORTS TO: Lead Facilitator
To run a series of Ukulele workshops for up to 30 young people at a time around the country.
- To facilitate Ukulele workshops for groups of up to 30. Ages vary from 7yrs - 18yrs but mostly teenagers. All participants are international students with English as a second language.
- To transport and setup the equipment at various locations throughout England.
- To maintain good relations between Chango and its clients.
- To maintain the equipment to good and safe standards.
TERMS OF CONTRACT:
- 8 days spread between 3rd July - 15th August 2019.
- Pay £37.50 per hour of workshop delivery (minimum £90 per day of delivery) + fuel expenses (receipts and mileage log will be required).
- Around 20 hours of workshop delivery in total.
- Payment made upon receipt of freelancers invoice
- Contract subject to a full DBS disclosure
- Overnight accommodation provided where necessary.
- Opportunity for further work throughout the year, and join us at summer music festivals.
- Opportunity for repeat contracts in future summers
- Training provided
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com highlighting your relevant experience and how you meet the person specification. Please list any dates for which you are unavailable during the period.
Closing deadline 31st May 2019.
However, early application is recommended as interviews may be held before the closing date.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview in Bristol.
- Outgoing and confident individual
- Must be able to maintain high energy levels
- Flexible worker who copes well under pressure
- Experience delivering any kind of workshops / training / presentations / performances to an audience of over 20 people
- 5 years experience as a musician whether professional, semi-professional or nonprofessional
- A confident driver
- Must be good at managing own time
- Must provide Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million (such as provided by Musicians Union membership)
- Full UK driving licence
- The sole use of a reliable vehicle for the transportation of equipment for the duration of the contract + roadside recovery insurance.
- Must be available to cover the vast majority of dates offered
- Performance experience (e.g. gigging, theatre, busking etc)
- Experience in working with foreign language speakers